A Dream Come True...

I have always dreamed of living in New York City for a summer - enjoying the park, the shopping and the sites but as a local not a tourist. All the pieces have come together and my dream has come true. Getting to share all of this with family and friends will make this an unforgettable summer...

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday Day 23

Started the day with a run in the park...I usually run to the Bethesda Fountain...and run the stairs....but this morning when I got to the stairs a strange man stopped me....apparently they were filming a movie....Friends With Benefits....and I couldn't run the stairs....bummer..so I hung out for a bit until someone asked me if I was an extra...I should have said yes...but I didn't so I headed over to the resevoir and ran once around that....home to spend sometime alone...only to realize I needed to color my hair..ran to CVS...got color and had a leisurely morning...this has been the first day..really that I have spent alone this whole trip....wow..but then the sista called..Jo.."hey I am in the city...meet me and my friend Ginny for lunch at Lincoln Center at 2" It is restaurant week in the city so lunch is only $24.07.....What a bargain...that didn't include cocktails...cause you've gotta have cocktails at lunch..come on....So first i needed to scope out some white watches....they are the rage here....do I want to be like everyone else....we will discuss that later. So rode the subway around town I got the text that they were in Lululemon....again...didn't want to miss that so headed to Lincoln Center..found the 2 of them spending lots of money...and we headed to Bar Boulud. Lunch menu included appetizer, entree, and dessert....but with these girls we had to start with French Fries....God help me....We ordered our cocktails...Ginny a mojito, Jo a pear rouge, and me a watermelon martini.....Ginny hated her mojito which was ladened with mint and ginger....yucky...sent hers back thru a very understanding manager...thanks Phil.....she ordered the same drink as me because it was so yummy....We ordered lunch I had the smoked pork, steak and chocolate......We had a wonderful time ...Ginny is a riot....She has a house in Maine and a Maple Sugar Farm in Mass......we can visit her anytime...After lunch Jo and i went to macy's to check out white watches....no go...so we went home....hung out for the evening .....What a fun day!!Did i also say that we had rose` at lunch too.....these people drink .....a lot....til tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment